I am interested in the political economy of computing, the future of work and labor around the globe, and in how technologies mediate cultural, socio-economic, and geopolitical relations of modern societies.
- Ph.D., Indiana University, Bloomington
- M.S., University of California, Los Angeles
- B.S., Abadan Institute of Technology, Iran
Regions of Interest
- Technology and Development
- Global political economy and labor
- Artificial Intelligence
- Heteromation and Other Stories of Computing and Capitalism. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press (with Bonnie Nardi). 2017
- Artificial dreams: The Quest for Non-Biological Intelligence. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press. 2008
- Big data Is Not a Monolith. The MIT Press (with Sugimoto and Mattioli). 2016
- Reconsidering Access: Individual Travails and Asymmetric Gains. Cambridge, MA: The MIT Press (with H. Sawhney). in press.