The M.A. in International Studies prepares students for careers in the private as well as the public sectors, including international business and both national and global governing institutions or NGOs. It is also open to students interested in academic and research-oriented careers.
The M.A. program is open to students who fulfill the IU Graduate School Admission Requirements, in addition to the following:
- a minimum of a 3.3 grade point average (GPA) for B.A. course work.
- language eligibility requirements can be met in the following ways:
- The undergraduate record must show completion of at least two years of any single foreign language at the college level.
- Equivalent mastery of a foreign language must be demonstrated through a proficiency exam.
- If you do not meet these requirements, you will need to undertake further advanced language training to complete the Masters degree.