Bill Scheuerman's primary research and teaching interests are in modern political thought, German political thought, democratic theory, legal theory, and international political theory.
- B.A. Yale University, 1987
- Ph.D. Harvard University, 1993
Regions of Interest
- International political theory
- Between the Norm and the Exception: The Frankfurt School and the Rule of Law. Cambridge &
London: MIT Press, 1994. (Part of Contemporary German Social Thought series, ed. Thomas
McCarthy [Paperback edition, March 1997]).
- Carl Schmitt: The End of Law. Rowman & Littlefield, 1999
- Liberal Democracy and the Social Acceleration Of Time. Johns Hopkins, 2004
- Frankfurt School Perspectives On Globalization, Democracy, And The Law. Routledge, 2008
- Hans J. Morgenthau: Realism And Beyond. Polity, 2009
- The Realist Case For Global Reform. Polity, 2011